Important tips for electrolysis aftercare:
- Moisturize and soothe the skin with your complimentary take-home anti-bacterial lotion.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Wear loose breathable natural fabrics (such as cotton or linen) over treated areas.
- If you experience redness or swelling, apply a cold compress to help healing.
- Apply sunscreen over any areas that are exposed to sunlight (the face, legs).
- Go without deodorant for at least 24 hours (if treating the underarms).
- Wait at least several days after treatment, then exfoliate once the redness or any scabs have gone. Pinpoint scabs or crusts may last for several days on the face and a little longer on the body.
- No scratching, rubbing or touching of the treated areas. Do Not Scratch!
- If treating the face, do not put makeup on the face for at least 24 hours. Brushes have bacterial microbes on them and you want to avoid clogging the open follicles.
- No sun/UV light exposure for at least 24 hours before treatment, and 48 hours after treatment.
- No swimming, hot saunas or excessively hot showering for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid oily substances, soap, perfume or alcohol based products for 24 hours.
- Stay away from tight clothing that can chafe or irritate the skin. This can prolong the healing process.
- Do not use other hair removal methods in between sessions, instead come in right away for treatment. Trimming is OK.